CSKMS is no longer holding an annual conference. In past years, these gatherings were practically the only opportunities for crankers to meet and learn from each other. However, in recent years, the number of small local crank-ins (randomly or regularly scheduled) as well as larger regional gatherings (many held annually now) has exploded!
So the Board, after conducting a member survey and much discussion, voted to discontinue annual conferences and began to search for ways to support and encourage these local and regional crank-ins. We hope to do that through the following:
- Crank-In Grants program – financial assistance to CSKMS members planning a crank-in. For more info, please visit the Grants page.
- CSKMS will provide a free one-year membership as a door prize at any crank-in. Any current member may request this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and providing the event dates.
- Crank-In Organizer’s Guide – what we’ve learned planning crank-ins.
- Zoom, the online video conference subscription that we use for Board meetings, is available for event organizers to use. To use this service, please email email@example.com with your meeting dates.
- Help us spread the word about CSKMS! DownloadCSKMS Info Cards, four to a sheet, for you to print and pass out at your crank-in.
- Need a teacher or mentor for your crank-in? Check the CSM Teacher/Mentor listing. CSKMS Members, if you are interested in being added to the list, please submit an info form.
If you are currently a crank-in organizer or would like to be, we want to help! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.